Saturday, January 16, 2010

E.R.

Emergency Room. My new area of assignment in my nursing clinical exposure for this year. I was supposed to be assigned in the female infectious ward but the assignment was dissolved for the reason that the risks are too high (as the name of the ward suggests). Our college is very concerned with the safety of its students. Ows? How touching! Anyway, I like the E.R. You'll never know what action and drama you'll gonna get. The adrenaline is most often high in the place but there are also times when it is like a silent room in which boredom suddenly lands on the E.R. people's shoulder. One time, during my previous assignments in the said area, I was pretending that I am George Clooney. All cameras were focused on me and I made up that I was in a medical drama series. A top-rating one. But when a bloody patient suddenly greeted us at the entrance and I suddenly froze to where I stood upon seeing it, the George Clooney persona in me instantly evaporated.

This is reality
, I said to myself.

No comments: