Sunday, May 25, 2008

My Venice

Once again, my world was flooded last Friday. Literally flooded! I went home from school and witnessed the streets of Jaro transformed into brown rivers. And yes, the jeepneys into gondolas! Amazing! I was apprehending to step down from the PUJ upon reaching my destination, I was worried that my immaculate black shiny shoes will get wet, or soak to say it right. So I walked toward my boarding house on feet. Wow, it felt like crossing Jordan. He he he... And my shoes? Inside my backpack.

When I opened the boarding house, what I beheld was such a spectacular site! The house was turned into a pool! The carpets, rags, and slippers were floating; and shit, same with my bed mattress, blankets, and pillows! Disaster. I should have chosen the upper deck of the bed a long time ago. It's too late... The damage had already been done. Curse the typhoon! Now where Am I gonna sleep? I asked myself. Bernard (my boardmate) was not around, he texted me later that he went home to Passi City. My landlady and her son on the other hand didn't come home. I think they already saw the situation prior to me and had decided to stay at the construction site of their future mansion. Who would bear to stay in such a swampish place anyway? So I decided to went home and I did.

I haven't yet returned to my boarding house since I left it flooded with the water coming from the overflowing river of Jaro. I just hope that the flood has already subside. Haaay... I have been in this situation many times before especially during rainy season. Iloilo City has evolved, it has become now my Venice. How I wish it to be as romantic as the latter but hell, it's not. It's messy!

No comments: