Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Hermes' Bad Day

When I woke up this morning, everything seems ummm... beautiful and inspiring. The morning breeze was cold, the sparrows were chirping gaily outside, the appetizing smell of embutido was beckoning me to come at the table for breakfast, and my head was light (at lucid interval? lol!). It felt like nothing's gonna stop me for making it great today. Carpe diem! Or seize the day! As optimists always say as they open their eyes everyday.

I felt too energized that I could do all errands today with a bubbling spirit. With a touch of love. Naks naman! So when my dear Aunt asked me to put the half sack of rice in the Starex van before she left for the city (she just commuted) 'cause my uncle will going to pick it up, I did it with feet sprinting like that of Hermes, the Greek messenger god.

I first unlocked the van with the key then I headed back to the store room to get the rice without opening first the van's sliding door. I forgot to keep in my mind that the van will automatically close once it will not be opened within 10 seconds or so. And so here I was, carrying the half sack of rice back to the Starex, humming genially. When I opened the sliding door of the van forcefully and until now I don't know why I stupidly did that, maybe I was thinking that the door would slide easily, the handle cracked! Shit! The doors were locked! I immediately unlocked the door with the remote control key but of course it wouldn't still slide because the handle's lower part was already detached from the latch system. Damn!

I stood there frozen. My heart was beating way too fast. I broke the latch. I broke my seemingly perfect day before it had started to unravel. What will be my Aunt's reaction regarding this matter when she found out? Am I to be hanged later? Beheaded? Ugh!

Waiting for the verdict is like torture. It seems like with every tick of the clock, my life is slowly draining too. That's why I'm writing right now in this blog, my own way of releasing stress. Whatever will happen later, may the force be with me.

3 comments:

-=K=- said...

so what happened? I want to know :) Did your aunt beat the shit out of you? Hahahaha, kidding!

Romerei said...

Ha ha ha... Di naman. When she arrived, nagtago kagad ako na parang bata. She called me many times kasi hapunan na and I was really hesitating to get out from my room. Scared to be exact. After ilang tawag, she went na to my room and knocked. When I opened the door, she really couldn't help herself from laughing. Shit, I really hate it when I look like a dumb shit. LOL...

kwoklongg said...

hahahaha im about to ask the same question. thanks for visiting my site anyway. :)