Friday, December 19, 2008

Less-Human Trying To Be More Human, At Least

Vacation time! Thank God! And thank God too 'cause Christmas is fast approaching. I am looking forward not for the gifts (ows?) but for the ample time that I will be able to spend with my family. I miss home even though I go here every weekend. It is my sanctuary from all the chaotic stirring of the city. There is no place like home. And what about the world outside it? It's nothing but a vast jungle roamed mostly by less-humans.

-oOo-

Yesterday afternoon, yours truly, together with my UICN Community Extension Service (CES) gang had our packaging activities of the goods to be distributed to the indigents of Batad, Iloilo for the gift giving activity of CES this Christmas season. We had fun and it really felt good to know that all our efforts, from solicitation of goods to segregation and transportation, will not be wasted because we know that these will benefit our unfortunate brothers and sisters in Batad espcially those living in the remote areas who cannot even afford to buy at least one kilo of rice everyday for their food.

Lately I learned that the best way to make ourselves really feel good is to think less of ourselves and more on how to alleviate the sufferings of others. And I learned too that this doesn't only make us feel good, it also makes us more human, at least.

No comments: